Friday, April 15, 2011

Fifth Anniversary




On April 8th, 2006 I had the unbelievable good fortune of being able to marry the best friend I have ever had. Randy and I chose a beach in the Malibu area, the surfers call the break 'Zeroes'. It was such a dazzlingly brilliant beautiful day, after weeks of rain. As we walked down to the beach a plane flew overhead and made a heart shape on the sky, not planned by us but a perfect sign for sure. The waves were such smooth, glassy walls. The surfers in the water did their thing during our ceremony and then they applauded us as we kissed. My father walked me down the aisle and I can't even tell you how happy that made me.

Things that I have learned through my marriage in the last five years: I am not always right (shock!). I have learned to identify what is really important. I have to quit making excuses for not doing things- there is no reason for it. I really, really, really love being home. I am an extremely lucky, blessed, spoiled girl. It does not hurt to apologize, it is necessary and important for both people involved. There is no where I'd rather be than right here. To be able to love someone completely and unconditionally and to have that love returned is the greatest feeling in the world, it's like being elevated above life on earth and makes my heart sing. My husband is the coolest- ever. Randy, I love you more than I'll ever be able to put into words.




2 comments:

Sai Pradeep said...

Nice, Warm... Congratulations & All the best for lots of happy years to come by...

Donna Lethal said...

I think I know that exact beach - GORGEOUS! congrats.