Incubus said it best "The ocean looks like athousand diamonds strewn across a blue blanket"
Hapuna Beach , Big Island Hawaii I'm pretending that I live right there
One of my most favorite places of all
April 8th, 2006
I have always loved the ocean. I read every book the library had on oceanography as a kid. I cannot pass up looking at a photo, book, view or tv program that has the ocean in it. I always imagined what it would be like setting out for an adventure with Jaques Cousteau on his ship the Calypso. Now that I've stopped and thought about it again, just now while writing, I think that I will buy myself a red stocking cap in his memory. I love everything about the ocean, the sight, the sound and especially the smell. Nothing else smells that way, even if it is labelled 'ocean scented'. It's hard to describe the smell, and every time I am at the beach I breathe deeply trying to store it up in my memory. The air feels different at the coast, more humid of course, but in a way I can't put my finger on. I love the way the waves feel washing over my feet, the way I feel charged up after being in the water. Every trip to the beach is different, there are times where I find lots of treasures and others where I find nothing. I never go without Randy, he understands my obsession. I don't know if I feel this way because I am a water sign, if any of that stuff is true, all I know is that I will never tire of it.


2 comments:
Hi Carrie,
thanks for dropping by earlier on and becoming a follower!
I can totally relate to this entry of yours (as well as having THE BEST grandchildren!)
I also LOVE the ocean. It makes my heart sing.
I love your blog!! Your garden is amazing and I love all the photos of it!
Post a Comment